March 04, 2007

c’est la vie

I feel good.

I already lost 5 pounds, since I decided to lose weight last
January, according to the weighing scale in Mercury Drug at Glorietta
Center, Makati. Every Saturday (after my German 7 class), I make it a
point to go to Mercury Drug.

Perhaps, I would have lost more weight if I'd been exercising
these past two weeks. But until now, my smallest toe that hit a door
on Valentine's Day is still swollen. I haven't been to the doctor
since February 16.

But perhaps, I've been losing a pound every week since then
because there is no longer any birthday party to go to :) and I have
not been able to sleep well. My toe hurts and I particularly notice
the pain at dawn, when it is colder.

It is not as swollen as last week and a far cry from two
weeks ago. I noticed that the swelling decreased after I started
wearing sandals to the office last Wednesday and after several
application of hot compress as the doctor suggested on February 16
(which hardheaded that I am didn't follow). His remaining
instructions are to come back to him after a week if it still hurts
and to have it x-rayed, which I didn't do as well :)

Anyway, I feel good right now :)

As I told my German teacher and Jackie at Dulcinea, "this is
life!" C'est la vie in French or la vida maravillosa in Spanish.
Whatever. I can't help feeling « high » when I face lots of sweets :)
I only had churros con chocolate with café latte, although I wanted
to order mocca meringue and more :)

When we parted, I checked the sale in Glorietta. BPI Credit
Card is holding another 0% installment madness at Ayala Center this
March.

I ended up buying a Swatch watch. I can't remember if it was
2001 or 2002 when I last bought one. But this is my first Swatch
Irony. Swatch has, as a cliché goes, "a soft spot in my heart". It
is the first watch that I bought with my own money, when I was in
Geneva in 1994. If my memory was right, my first watch was a Casio,
given by my mother. It was stolen when I forgot it in our front yard.
Other watches that were given to me when I was still a teenager gave
me allergies. I still have photos where I wore handkerchief under my
watch.

Starting with the crowning of a tooth last March 1 and
further expenses today, my March seem to have started on the wrong
foot as far as expenses is concerned.

Again, c'est la vie :)

sayong
03-03-07 11:55pm

Google
 
Web saylanguages.blogspot.com